After we get the pictures we’ll review them and decide which, if any, we will post. All decisions are made by David Barber and all decisions are final. We are looking for the highest quality photos that show the subject(s) in the best possible way. We will give preference to recent pictures that are of bands we have never covered before and venues we haven’t been to, yet. We will accept photos of National or regional touring acts from other states, but our main focus is on local and regional Colorado talent. We also will accept photos of Colorado-based bands playing in other states. It’s OK for bands to submit photos of themselves. Please send only photos from live shows, not posed promo shots. It is Ok to put your contact/copyright info. on the photos you send us (on the photo, not in the margins – we will not do this for you). We will take down any photos where the subject contacts us and lodges a legitimate complaint. Don’t send us photos of anyone doing anything illegal. If any legitimate police or judicial authority asks us for information about a photographer we will cooperate fully.
Have you taken some cool photos of live bands in Colorado?
We want to see them.
Here’s how to submit them:
- Get them to us quickly. We want photos that were taken within the last week. Don’t even bother to send us stuff that’s a month old. We probably won’t use it.
- Don’t send us everything to have. Please go through your photos and only send us the good stuff. We don’t want anything blurry, overly-artistic, obviously photoshopped, or where a microphone blocks out the lead singer’s face. Please use your best judgement here.
- Resize the pictures before you send them in. Please reduce the size of the pictures you send us to no bigger than 600 pixels on the longest side. Make sure they are in .jpg format. It’ll be easier to email them and it’ll save us a lot of trouble.
- Email them to [email protected]. Don’t send us hard copy photos, we don’t have the time to scan them for you. Some email servers will not allow you to attach a large number of photos to an email, so just send us one or two to start with and wait for our confirmation that we got them before you send the rest. Zip files are Ok, too.
- Send us the date and location where the photos were captured, your name, website, the name of the band, their website, and the names of the band members/people in the photos if you know them.
- Do not expect to get in free to shows or any kind of special treatment, just because you are taking pictures. Always get permission from the band and venue before shooting. Some venues do not allow cameras and many bands, especially national acts, don’t care for flashes going off in their faces in the middle of a show.
By submitting photos to RockOnColorado.com you grant us the non-exclusive license to use them on rockoncolorado.com. We will provide the photographer with credit for taking the pictures wherever possible, but we cannot pay for the photos or the rights to use them. Photos posted on RockOnColorado.com are free to the public for further use. We encourage bands to take our photos and use them on their websites or other promotional materials for free. You retain the right to use your photos anywhere else you please. If you expect to receive any form of payment for any use of your photos, then don’t send them to us.
It is common for our best photographers to be contacted by bands/artists who need promo shots or other photography. We encourage this and hope that our contributing photographers earn money as professional photographers whenever possible.