David Barber, the host of The Music Biz Podcasts, has been an active force in the Denver music scene for over 20 years. As a fan he listened to hundreds of local acts and eventually began asking questions like "Why does this band bring in more people than that band?" and "Why aren't people dancing to this song?" Eventually he figured some things out and began Possibility Promotion to help those bands he liked. For the past 10 years he has been actively working in the clubs and absorbing all the information he can get about the business of music. He is a past President and founding member of the Colorado Music Association. He serves on the nominating committees of several festivals/showcases and runs the popular website RockOnColorado.com
David Barber also co-produces the weekly internet radio show: Band Talk, every Wednesday at Noon (mtn time) on Indie104.com
The Music Biz
Information and advice for new and upcoming bands and other musical acts on understanding and getting the most from the music biz.
The Music Biz
- A short video on some ways to make sure your band ends up with a good name.
- At some point every musician will ask him/herself: "Why didn't anybody come to my show?"
- How to get started promoting your band online
- When to schedule your Album Release
- How to decide if you should enter a Battle of the Bbands
- Serious advice for anyone who loves live music
- Tips on how to use your email list in the best way possible.
- The three main ways to sell your songs as downloads
- Tips to help with visual aspect of your performance.
- Tips and advice on how to get along with any sound engineer
- How to make the best of a low paying gig. Advice for bands.
- A little bit about these Podcasts and the guy behind them